Everyone in the workplace has an important part to play in fire safety, even if they do not have an official role. This course is aimed at providing the necessary knowledge to enable all staff to keep themselves and their workplace safe.
Having completed this e-learning course, learners should be able to:
- Show awareness of common facts and figures about fire and its effects
- Explain briefly what the law says about fire safety responsibilities
- Describe how fires can start and how they spread
- Spot common fire hazards and know what can be done to reduce fire risks
- Identify common types of fire extinguisher and how they work
- Demonstrate the appropriate actions to take in the event of fire
The course covers:
- Fire facts and figures
- Introduction to legislation
- The fire triangle
- Hazard spotting
- Extinguishing fire
- Actions in the event of fire
- Test of knowledge
The estimated duration of the course is one hour. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is for people at work in businesses of all types and sizes. It aims to provide them with a clear understanding of their own and others responsibilities for fire safety in the workplace.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Fire Protection Association certificate.