Everyone in the workplace plays a vital part in fire safety, but some individuals also have an official responsibility as Fire Wardens or 'competent persons'
This course is all about helping fire wardens to perform their role effectively, and keeping themselves and their workplace safe.
Having completed this e-learning course, learners should be able to:
- Show awareness of common facts and figures about fire and its effects
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of how fire starts and spreads
- Explain briefly what the law says about fire safety responsibilities
- Spot common fire hazards and know what can be done to reduce fire risks
- Identify common types of fire extinguisher and how they work
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of fire warden responsibilities, including actions in the event of fire
- Carry out routine checks and reporting on fire protection measures in the workplace
- Introduction to fire warden training
- Fire facts and figures
- Introduction to legislation
- Fire science
- Hazard spotting
- The fire warden role in the event of fire
- Extinguishing fire
- Fire protection
It is estimated that this module will take approximately 1 hour to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
This course is for people at work in businesses of all types and sizes who carry out the role of fire warden. It aims to provide them with a clear understanding of their own role and responsibilities for fire safety in the workplace.
It is anticipated that learners will previously have completed an introductory fire safety awareness course. This course recaps and expands further upon learning points from the introductory level.
On completion of this course you will be able to print a Fire Protection Association (FPA) certificate.